A well-established, highly respected Family Law firm is seeking an experienced Family Law Legal Assistant to join their Encino office. The Family Law Legal Secretary will be supporting two attorneys and MUST have a minimum of 1-3 years of Family Law experience.
MUST have family law experience and a proven track record of success.
MUST be detail oriented and have the ability to multitask in a fast-paced friendly environment.
MUST be responsible, reliable, trustworthy and tech savvy.
Legal Assistant duties include:
- Answers phones, screens potential clients and coordinates with attorney to schedule appointments.
- Enters, tracks and coordinates new client/matter information, opens, maintains and closes both electronic and paper client files.
- Drafting of routine pleadings and submits the same for e-filing with the court. Process filed documents and save to the client’s file.
- Coordinates with attorneys to finalize attorney’s pleadings, including adding in all exhibits. Serves final pleadings and prepares the same for e-filing with the court through our online attorney service.
- Drafting of Subpoenas and Notices to Consumer and coordinates service of the same. Calendars due dates and coordinates with our Deposition Officer on receipt of records. Maintains legal entity information log.
- Enters attorney’s billing entries and client costs into our billing software program.
- Prepares monthly client pre-bills for attorney’s review. Finalizes bills and sends them out to clients.
- Maintains and monitors our office calendar with deadlines and reminders.
- Processes daily mail. Scan bills and other documents weekly to our bookkeeper for payment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills
- Proficient in MS Office 365, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Tussman Billing System, Essential Forms, Dropbox & Excel